1,005 total views
A study shows that 134 million Indians suffer from chronic sinusitis which is caused by the inflammation of the nasal and throat lining and builds pressure on the face, eyes, and brain.
Sinus treatment in Ayurveda helps to cure this chronic sinusitis using their natural herbs and therapy.
What is Sinusitis?
Sinusitis which is also known as Pinas in Ayurveda is a medical condition that affects your sinuses. It generally occurs when sinuses become blocked and filled with fluid and cause bacterial or germ infections.
Sinusitis can affect people of any age. It is an infection of the air cavities within the passage of the nose and it is caused by infection, cold, pollution, and allergy.
Types of Sinusitis:
1. Acute Sinusitis: Acute Sinusitis is caused due to a viral infection that has the symptoms of a runny nose and facial pain. Acute Sinusitis can end within 2 weeks.
2. Sub-acute Sinusitis: Sub-acute Sinusitis symptoms can last up to 3 months.
3. Chronic Sinusitis: It occurs due to the growth in the nasal polyps and chronic sinusitis takes more than 3 months to cure properly.
4. Recurrent Sinusitis: The person gets several attacks within the year.
What Causes Sinusitis?
Sinus can occur due to several internal as well as external causes and some are:
- Drug or Chemical Reaction
- Kapha blocks the flow of air
- Impaired Pitta causes swelling and irritation to the sinuses
- Weak Immunity System
- Dust or Pollen Allergies
- Respiratory Infections
- Small Polyps
- Septal Deviation
- Fever, Cough & Cold
- Breathing Problem
- Pain in the ears, upper jaw, and the teeth
- Bad Breathe
- Ear Blockage
- Swelling Around Eyes
Ayurveda comes from the Sanskrit words Ayur which mean life and Veda which means science or knowledge. So we can say it’s knowledge about life or lifestyle. In India more than 3000 years ago, Ayurveda originated.
Ayurveda treatment always starts with an internal purification to connect your mind or body with your inner soul. Ayurveda treatment uses natural herbs or therapy to cure diseases.
Sinus is a problem that affects our body badly but thanks to our ancient ayurvedism today we have sinus treatment in Ayurveda that naturally cures sinusitis without giving any harm to our body.
About Ayurvedic Treatment:
In ayurvedic treatment, Ayurveda practitioners always create customized treatments as per the patient’s problem. The ultimate goal of ayurvedic treatment is to cleanse the body. It is believed that the undigested food that stays inside your body is the biggest reason for any kind of illness. So Ayurveda treatment always starts with cleaning and this cleaning process is called “panchakarma” in Ayurveda.
Sinus Treatment in Ayurveda Benefits:
- Nasya Treatment: Nasya treatment is used to detoxify the body. As per Ayurveda, it is highly recommended to cure sinusitis. In this therapy, herbal powders, oil, and herbs are administered through the nostrils to clear Kapha.
Nasya treatment incorporates oil into the nasal passage and promotes healing to the sinus or nose region.
- Herbal Therapy: As Ayurveda treatment is based on herbs so here are some herbs that are used to cure sinusitis:
- Dhumapana with Haridra churnam: Dhumapana with Haridra Churnam clear the path and reduce the Kapha. This therapy includes burning the piece of dry turmeric and putting off the flame and inhaling the smoke. This gives instant relief from pain.
- Nasal Steam InhalationIn Ayurveda this therapy also has a great advantage. Take one drop of Camphor and Menthol and take their steam twice daily.
- Ayurvedic Medicines: Maha Laxmi Vilas Ras or Lakshmi Vilas Ras are medicines that are known for the symptoms like nasal allergy and headache. Consuming these medicines will treat your sinusitis.
- Yoga for Sinusitis: Jalaneti is the most effective exercise for sinusitis. It helps to cure sinusitis, cold & cough, and headache. There are some asanas for sinus treatment in Ayurveda that are most effective if practiced daily like Bhujangasana, Sarvangasana, and Uttanasana.
Some Useful Home Tips for Sinus Treatment in Ayurveda:
- Boil 1 liter of water, and add mint leaves, basil leaves, two cloves, and ginger. Let the water come to room temperature first and then drink it slowly throughout the day.
- Take the ginger juice and mix it with the honey and have it twice a day.
- Having a regular practice of Jal Neti helps to remove the mucus and clean the blockages. Thus helpful for sinus infection.
- Mix 1 spoon of crushed garlic, 1 spoon of turmeric powder, and 2 spoons of honey and have it twice a day.
Ayurveda provides the best sinus treatment but symptoms and problems vary so it is advisable to first consult the doctor and make them prepare a proper diet and medicine for you.