Summer is here in its full glory. We love a little sunlight but due to climate change, the weather conditions have changed all around the world. Sun rays can now do more damage than good. In hotter regions, sun rays can severely damage skin and hair. So, it is important to take proper care of ourselves during the summers.
Summer is the best time to complete your pending tasks and you finally have some time for self-care. Haircare is one of the most important aspects of our self-care routine. There are several home remedies, medications, and therapies, like PRP therapy for hair loss that can revive our hair to their natural glory.
In this article, we have discussed everything related to hair care – from a healthy diet to hair loss therapies. Keep reading to know more.
Keeping Hair Healthy in Summer
Some of the most common ways of treating our hair include:
- Healthy Diet
- Home Remedies
- Salon and Spa
- Hair Loss Therapies
Note that not every method works for all as everyone has their particular problems. So, consulting a dermatologist is recommended before undergoing any serious treatment.
Now, let’s discuss each method in detail.
- Healthy Diet
Before undergoing any kind of treatment, it is important to start at a basic level. A healthy diet can do wonders for our overall health, especially hair. So, we should take care of our diet in order to take care of our hair. An unhealthy diet that lacks essential nutrients leads to hair loss. On the other hand, a balanced diet can promote hair growth and improves density.
A balanced diet must include certain proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals. Proteins and fatty acids are especially important for strong and healthy hair. Your diet should include some or all of the following items if you want to stop hair loss and promote regrowth:
- Eggs – protein and biotin-rich
- Berries – vitamin C and antioxidant-rich
- Spinach – folate, iron, and vitamins A and C rich
- Fatty Fish – omega-3 fatty acids rich
- Sweet Potatoes – vitamin A rich
- Guavas – vitamin C rich
- Avocados – vitamin E rich
- Nuts – vitamins B and E, zinc and essential fatty acids rich
- Seeds – vitamin E, zinc and selenium-rich
- Sweet Peppers – vitamin C rich
- Oysters – zinc-rich
- Shrimp – protein, vitamins B and D, zinc, and iron
- Beans – protein and zinc-rich
- Soybeans – spermidine rich
- Meat – protein-rich
- Home Remedies
If you suffer from hair loss, dry hair, dandruff, or any other hair related problem, some home remedies can effectively treat them. These remedies usually use natural and organic ingredients that are beneficial for hair and scalp. Some of these ingredients have been used in hair care for centuries and they’re still effective. Below we have mentioned some home remedies to cure hair related problems:
- Massage – a simple massage can stimulate the scalp cells and improve blood circulation. As a result, hair growth is improved.
- Aloe Vera – the wonder ingredient in a number of hair care products. It has soothing and healing properties that help reduce dandruff and unblock pores of excessive oil.
- Coconut Oil – massaging the scalp with coconut oil has proved to be quite beneficial as it fatty acids which are quite effective for reducing dryness.
- Fish Oil – rich with omega-3 fatty acids, fish oil can work wonders for dry hair. It improves hair density and strength.
- Ginseng – it improves hair growth by stimulating hair follicles.
- Onion Juice – it may not be very nice to smell but the results are worth its bad smell. It can help in treating alopecia areata as it increases hair growth.
- Rosemary Oil – the smell of rosemary oil is to die for and it helps improve hair growth.
- Lemon Juice – it can enhance hair quality and increase hair growth.
- Salon and Spa
Spas and salons don’t get enough credit for the role they play in hair care. They are usually seen only in terms of aesthetics and not as a necessity. But this is not the case. Regular visits to the salon are quite important in terms of maintaining healthy hair.
Your hair needs regular trimming at the start of every season. If we don’t trim, then the tips start becoming weaker and as a result, affect the overall strength of hair. Moreover, a strategic haircut can help hide the regions where your hair is thinner than the rest.
Apart from this, you can get certain special shampoos and conditioners from your salon that can help improve your hair health.
The FDA has approved only two medicines to treat hair loss in men and women. These two medicines are:
- Minoxidil – a topical nonprescription medicine. If you suffer from hair thinning or hair loss, this medicine may help prevent it and regrow your hair. Minoxidil (Rogaine) has been a successful medicine for hair loss but it needs to be used regularly otherwise hair loss starts again. It can be used by men and women.
- Finasteride – Finasteride (Propecia) is a prescription medicine. It can help treat hair loss and may even stimulate regrowth in men. It can be taken as a daily pill but only men can use it.
- Hair Loss Therapies
The last item on this list is hair loss therapies. There are a number of therapies available for treating hair loss in men and women. So, if you have been waiting to undergo laser therapy or PRP therapy for hair loss, now is the time. Consult your dermatologist and get the best-suited hair loss therapy this summer.
Some popular hair loss therapies are discussed below:
- Laser Hair Treatment for Hair Loss
One of the most commonly offered hair loss therapy is laser treatment. Laser therapy has been proved to prevent excessive hair loss and stimulate hair regrowth. A lot of research has been conducted and reports show that laser hair therapy reduces hair loss significantly.
Laser hair therapy has the following benefits:
- The procedure is almost painless and causes minimal discomfort.
- The treatment is non-invasive and non-surgical.
- There are no severe side effects of this treatment.
- The treatment increases the strength and density of hair.
- It can significantly reduce hair loss and trigger hair regrowth.
- PRP Therapy for Hair Loss
PRP hair therapy is another popular hair loss treatment that helps in preventing hair loss. The patient’s own platelet-rich plasma is injected into the scalp. PRP is rich with growth factors that stimulate the tiny hair follicles to grow into robust hair.
PRP hair therapy has the following benefits:
- The procedure is virtually painless.
- The procedure only takes 90 minutes to complete.
- The downtime and recovery process is near to none.
- The blood circulation is improved as a result of this therapy.
- There are no side effects as the patient’s own plasma is used.
This article has discussed some options for haircare from different categories. Now its time for you to try these remedies and give your hair the treatment they deserve.