Through hypnotherapy, you can tackle the underlying reason behind your weight and change your relationship with food.
In this blog, we will help you understand hypnosis for weight loss and how it helps reduce your weight. You can find the best hypnosis therapy in Arizona through Doc Hypnosis in Scottsdale.
Understanding Hypnosis for Weight Loss
Losing weight requires an energy deficit. That means that you need to expend more energy than the calories you eat. Hypnosis can help you achieve this energy deficit by taking your mind into an unconscious state.
Mainly, it will change the way you relate to food and healthy habits. Thus, you will break patterns that inhibit a healthy lifestyle.
When you first meet your therapist, you’ll learn about the different hypnotherapy options available. Then, your therapist will take you through the different stages of hypnotherapy, including:
- Hypnosis Induction
Your therapist will induct you once you’re familiar with the hypnosis process. Induction is the process of putting you in a trance. It can involve focusing on an object to put you in a trance. On the other hand, the therapist may guide you into a relaxed state through repetitive suggestions.
While you’re in a trance, you’ll be more susceptible to suggestions. This is when your therapist will help you rewire your brain. Your therapist may use:
- Imagery: With your therapist’s guide, you’ll create images in your mind. Mental imagery allows you to visualize your desires: Weight loss.
- Exploration: You’ll go through your memories to find what is preventing you from losing weight. Exploration is crucial to understanding how you’ll best surmount your weight struggle.
- Suggestions: Your therapist will implant ideas into your mind to help you change your relationship with your eating habits. Examples of suggestions for weight loss are:
- “I want you to imagine how good healthy food tastes.”
- “You want to use more energy every day.”
- “You’ll instinctively walk instead of driving.”
- “You’ll take your time eating well-balanced meals.”
In the end, your hypnotherapist will awaken you from your trance. Upon awakening, you’ll remember your therapist’s suggestions clearly. In fact, you’ll take action to bring those suggestions to reality.
However, to change how you relate to food, you need multiple sessions with a hypnotherapist. By going through multiple sessions, you will work more deeply on yourself.
Why Is Losing Weight Important?
Weight loss is important if you want a healthy life. This is because excessive weight burdens your body. The effects of excess weight reach multiple systems in your body: Endocrine, cardiovascular, respiratory, and skeletal systems.
When you lose weight, you can improve your:
- Heart: This organ works harder when you have excess weight. And so, reducing your weight improves your heart’s health.
- Cholesterol: Weight loss is linked to reduced levels of cholesterol.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Losing weight improves your body’s sensitivity to the hormone that regulates sugar in your blood. This means that your type 2 diabetes will improve with at least 5% weight loss.
- Blood Pressure: As you drop pounds, your blood vessels become less obstructed. And so, weight loss lowers your blood pressure.
- Chances of Having a Stroke: Excessive weight clogs blood vessels, which in turn increases the likelihood of a stroke. And so, weight loss reduces your chances of getting a stroke.
- Mobility: Excess weight strains your bones and joints. Therefore, you can move more comfortably and easily when you lose weight.
- Sleep Apnea: People with this condition have excessive fat around their throats. The fat obstructs your breathing, waking you repeatedly during the night. This disturbance ruins your sleep quality. Therefore, you’ll obtain deeper, more restful sleep when you lose weight.
- Self-Esteem: Progress in your weight loss journey will ameliorate your self-perception.
Best Hypnosis Tips for Weight Loss
These tips will increase the success rate of your hypnotherapy:
- Positive Self-Hypnosis: Putting yourself in a trance will help you work on your weight loss even when you are not in a session. However, you need to use unambiguous, positive suggestions for maximum effect.
- Openness: You need to be open to the idea of hypnosis to maximize its effects.
- Relaxation: Keep yourself relaxed before you attempt hypnosis. Relaxation ensures you successfully enter a trance. Plus, suggestions will more easily reach your subconscious.
- Engage with Your Therapist: You need to full-heartedly want your therapist’s suggestions to change how you perceive food. You must actively desire the suggestions for hypnosis to take hold.
- Better Understanding: Fully comprehending the hypnosis process will help you avoid negative results.
- Explain Your Mental State: You must inform your hypnotherapist of your mental state. Specifically, psychosis and antisocial personality disorders require particular consideration during hypnosis to avoid worsening your psyche.
- Regulations: You need to investigate how hypnotherapy is regulated in your region. This is to ensure you’re fully aware of what you should expect in your hypnosis session.
- Set a Goal: Set yourself a realistic aim for both the hypnosis session and your weight loss. This ensures that you can reach your goals more quickly. Additionally, it keeps you from being discouraged by failing unrealistic goals.
Now you understand that hypnosis is the best way to lose weight, which cements your subconscious ideas about eating healthy and rewires your perception of food. With the guidance of a hypnotherapist, you can go with any of the hypnosis methods that suit you best. All your hypnotherapists will do is cement the concepts you need to lose weight― directly in your subconscious mind. Ultimately, once you awaken after the hypnotized state, your perception of eating food will be changed completely in a positive way.