Forget about witches and zombies. Now it looks like a giant bag of candy that doesn’t seem to be doing any harm. It can be the most deadly thing for Halloween dog owners. The Pet Poison hotline received an additional 12% of calls during Halloween week. It is the center’s busiest time of the year. We all know that chocolate can kill dogs.

Including other candy ingredients, such as high amounts of sugar and fat, can cause serious health problems for your dog. If these are sugar-free candies, they can be added as a sugar substitute, called xylitol, which is lethal and can even kill dogs in small amounts. So what would you do if your dog was scowled and the chocolate wrap was opened and eaten? Make this Halloween a happy day with the dogs.

Determine what your dog eats And how much it eats

It sounds a bit difficult. But you can also determine what your dog eats and how much. How can you help? What to do Different chocolates have different levels of Theobromine (Theobromine, the chemical element in chocolate, is toxic, but dogs). Look at chocolates like black milk or white chocolate. Since each has a different composition. If your dog eats a lot, it should be referred to the vet first.

Recognize the symptoms

If you don’t know what snacks your dog has. Try to watch for its symptoms. Warning Signs Eating chocolate can cause poisoning. They may present with vomiting, diarrhea, restlessness, thirst and may experience spasms.

Well, it’s not just chocolate that is dangerous.

Do not forget that Dogs have instincts, when they see a snack, they will not hesitate to sniff and explore. The variety of sweets available during Halloween are high in fat and sugar. Can cause your dog to have pancreatitis. It can also cause other complications, such as kidney failure or damage to organs. Furthermore, severe symptoms of pancreatitis may be asymptomatic 2 to 4 days after eating desserts. Watch for signs of abdominal pain carefully. This includes vomiting, diarrhea and decreased appetite. If you think your dog is eating too much sugar You should consult your veterinarian.

All you have: can dogs eat goldfish

How to stop it?

It sounds scary when it comes to sweets. Small candies can hurt your dog. But there may be reassuring things if you know that these can be prevented. Just take the Halloween candy or the dog can’t reach it. And if there are young children in your home who want to play Trick or Treat with them, be sure to be clear about not feeding your dog and staying away from them.

You should also lock the trash properly so that the dog cannot remove the bark. Very harmful to the digestive system if swallowed On a day when town is overflowing with sweets You should also take your dog to exercise and feed him better food than it is on a diet. Prevention is one of the keys.

Please find the nearest emergency veterinary hospital and save their phone number. Because it’s not only for eating too many junk food, but also for other emergencies that may arise in the future.

By admin

Writing and blogging is my passion. Providing meaningful information to readers is my object.