Cryopreservation Of Embryos At Best IVF Center In Jaipur Is Responsible For High Success Rate

Mishka IVF center - Dr. Ruchi Bhandari

 301 total views

In the past few years, many studies have been done which concluded that when frozen Embryo Transfer is done, the percentage of infertile women getting pregnant is more as compared with women getting pregnant by fresh embryo transfer! This has been our experience too!  This blog is an effort on letting our readers know how Cryopreservation of Embryos at Best IVF center in Jaipur is responsible for  High Success Rate.

In our  journey of understanding IVF Procedure and how latest technology is being used at every step to increase the IVF success rate we enquired Dr. Ruchi Bhandari, the most experienced and recommended IVF specialist in Jaipur.  She gave us detailed information about  Egg Freezing (Vitrification) , how it’s done at Mishka IVF center and how it helped them to get better results of IVF.

laboratory process of IVF

Important Things About Embryo Freezing or Cryopreservation 

 Ever since IVF started, Embryo Freezing has been one of the main deciding factors of IVF success. Some of the well known facts that bust the myth about about cryopreservation are 

1. Cryopreservation is  a technique of preserving any organ or tissue  at a very low temperature so that it can be used later for plantation. 

2. Embryo is frozen in liquid nitrogen at -196 °.

3. With Embryo Freezing, you can keep embryos for as long as you want.

4. For Embryo freezing, its culture must be appropriate and the Embryo freezing process requires a well trained embryologist and biologist.

5. The possibility of instilling wrong  embryos at the best IVF center is very rare as all embryos are coded with a unique tag.

6. Children’s growth is not affected by the Embryo Freezing technique.

Why Cryopreservation Of Embryo Is Required ?

Many times after more than 1 eggs are picked up from the female body, but patients are not ready for embryo transfer. The other case can be a couple who come for infertility treatment in IVF clinic needs only one child but more than 1 Embryo is been  made, then in that case the IVF doctor keep these remaining embryos in their freezing chambers so that they can use the embryos in requirement of second attempt. In the second IVF process embryos fertilization is not done again.

Sometimes the couple is not able to get IVF for some reason or has come from another  country, or  lives in another village, it is difficult for them to be instantly available at the time of IVF treatment. 

What Are The Two Techniques Of Embryo Freezing ?

There are 2 main different methods that are used for Cryopreservation of Embryos. Slow freezing and flash freezing. As the name suggests, Slow freezing takes a lot more time than Flash freezing technique. Let know about them in brief: 

-Slow Freezing

Initially the Technique of Embryo Freezing was Slow Freezing! 

In Slow Freezing or Programmed Freezing they  have a special device, Slow Freezer. The temperature  is kept below -190 degrees in this device. 

When the Embryo is freeze, they are preserved in liquid nitrogen 

When the Slow Freezing technique is used for embryo preservation, Thawing process is done to bring them back to normal temperature. The Craniocervical Rate, or the percentage of Embryos that used to survive was not very high. Only  60 to 70% embryos survive, and chances of pregnancy were about 20 to 30%.

Flash Freezing or Vitrification

it all changed when the Technique named Vitrification evolved in the late 90’s and 2000’s. Vitrification means Flash Freezing. In Flash Freezing, Embryo is rapidly taken from the room temperature, that is, 37 ° temperature and is moved to a very low temperature at -196 °. 

The survival of Embryos has increased under Vitrification technique a lot and now around 95 to 100% of Embryos are alive after cryopreservation. Pregnancy success rates have increased with this new technique of freezing embryos. 

Myth About Cryopreservation Of Embryos

The common myth about Embryo freezing is that the growth of the embryo  gets stuck and babies delivered are not healthy?

Embryo freezing stops the embryo growing for only a short time, as soon as those embryos fertilization have to be done, they are taken out of the freezing chambers and normalized to body temperature and then embryo transfer to the uterus is done.

The other myth is that it increases the IVF cost substantially. The IVF cost package doesn’t include the cost of embryo preservation. It totally depends on the couple ‘s decision to go for Cryopreservation of embryos or not. 

How Mishka IVF Center In Jaipur Gives A High Success Rate With Cryopreservation Of Embryos?

If we talk about Mishka IVF clinic, after regular Embryo transfer their clinical pregnancy success rate is around 43% but after Frozen Embryo transfer with flash freezing technique , the percentage of pregnancy has increased to about 58%.

This difference of about 10 to 15% in success rate is very significant, and now about 70% of transfers in the best IVF  center in Jaipur are Elective Frozen Transfer i.e. they freeze all Embryos during IVF Cycle. And in the next cycle when the Endometrium is at its normal position, Hormone Levels are back, Receptivity of the endometrium is good, at that time these Frozen Embryos are transferred, to get better results.

Takeaway Of The Blog

Whenever you have a discussion  with your IVF specialist  about your IVF procedures, ask them if the cryopreservation of embryos facility is available with them. 

If you have any queries about this subject, please do write to us, we will be very happy to answer your questions. Thank you

Related posts

Leave a Comment