Loading

Is it necessary to have your indoor air quality tested from time to time? The simple yet intuitive answer is, yes. Stick around to find out more about this.

Asbestos is a fibrous mineral group that is used to reinforce and fireproof products. These are naturally occurring minerals with heat-resistant fibers. These were employed in numerous consumer items before the risks were widely acknowledged.

Molds are tiny fungi that develop in the shape of multicellular filaments known as hyphae. Molds may grow on any organic substance, including fabric, leather, and paper, as well as the ceilings, walls, and floors of homes with moisture issues.

The Danger of Asbestos and Mold

Both mold and asbestos pose health risks, but asbestos is more dangerous. The issues they cause are often neglected and owing to this oversight, people find themselves in an incurable state when push comes to shove. Here’s how they are harmful to us.

Asbestos

Asbestos fibers can be released into the air when products that contain these minerals become damaged. Some of the risks that people face include–

  • Asbestos exposure has been linked to cancer and lung disorders. When these mineral-containing items are destroyed, they emit thin fibers that become airborne and can be readily ingested.
  • This mineral causes mesothelioma, a rare kind of cancer that affects the lungs, chest, abdomen, and heart membranes.
  • Some individuals are thought to get Asbestosis, an incurable illness that causes scarring of lung tissue. Scarring can be so severe that it causes the lungs to malfunction. These disorders are the result of decades of exposure.

Mold

Moist and moldy settings can have a range of health consequences or none at all. Some people are allergic to mold–

  • Mold exposure can cause complaints such as a stuffy nose, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes or skin in these people.
  • A few individuals, such as those with mold allergies or asthma, may have more severe responses.
  • Exposure to mold spores is uncommon, yet it can lead to organ damage, cognitive issues, and even death. Furthermore, even if you are not sensitive to mold, mold spores can irritate your lungs.                                    

Why Professional Inspection is Important

There are a whole host of reasons why frequent professional mold and asbestos inspection is critical for any house.

Minimize Exposure

Prevention is better than cure. It is always best to prevent the growth of mold and asbestos in the first place. Inspections and professional testing might help you identify toxic elements in your house. Once you’re aware of the issue, you’ll be able to reduce the threat and safeguard your dear ones.  

Protect Your Building

Mold can devour building materials and pave the way for dry rot if allowed to colonize unchecked. In extreme cases, you may have no choice but to demolish the entire structure.

Indoor Air Quality

Since these toxic elements can increase over time, they become more hazardous to the inhabitants of the building. These elements contaminate the air inside, making it unhealthy and uncomfortable to live in. Inspecting the issue and doing away with it becomes a must.

It is never too late to mend so have mold and asbestos inspection and removal experts come over and do their task.