1,997 total views
When you are stressed, you should walk; when you are happy, you should walk. You should basically walk no matter in which mood you are. And if you can walk at least 10,000 steps a day, you can very soon start counting yourself one of the healthiest people. Walking can also help you lose weight.
And if you are particularly diabetic, you should make it a habit to walk as many steps as you can throughout the day, and every day. So, let us check out why a morning walk is important for diabetes.
Better blood sugar control
As you indulge in physical exercise, your body will use glucose which gives energy to the body. It works in the same way as a car uses fuel. When you have Type 2 diabetes, the blood sugar in the body usually goes too high. In one such situation, exercise helps you in using the glucose and then lowering it down. As a matter of fact, if you exercise regularly, your A1C will improve. A1C is a test that helps in measuring the average blood sugar control in the past two to three months.
Improved heart health
As per the World Heart Foundation, people who have diabetes are at more risk of developing cardiovascular disease than people who are not diabetic. When you walk, it can help in lowering blood pressure and lessen bad cholesterol.
Burning calories depends much on several factors such as age and weight. However, every time you walk, you burn calories. This can slowly help you achieve your weight goal.
When you walk, endorphin is released into the body. This will further help you in getting rid of your stress and your mood will automatically improve.
These are some of the benefits of morning walk for diabetic patients. If you have Type 2 diabetes, you must start walking at least 10,000 steps a day and keep yourself healthy. Another thing that you should do when you are diagnosed with diabetes or if you have a family history of diabetes is to buy a health insurance policy. Here are some of the health insurance plans that diabetic patients can opt for.
Star Health Insurance – Diabetes Safe
- The minimum age limit to buy this health insurance plan should be 18 years and the maximum is 65 years
- This plan can be bought by people who already have Diabetes Mellitus or the ones who are at risk of this condition
- The sum assured options start from INR 3 lakh and can go up to INR 10,00,000
- The plan is available on both individual as well as family floater basis
- The plan is unique it provides coverage for all types of complications that arise from diabetes from the first day of the policy
- For up to 30 days before hospitalization, the pre-hospitalizations costs are taken care of under this plan
- Up to 60 days of discharge from the hospital, post-hospitalization costs are taken care of under this plan
- The policyholder will get automatic restoration of the basic sum insured by 100%. However, this is only applicable for the individual health insurance policy and not for the family floater plan
- Cashless hospitalization can be availed of under this plan and in one of the network hospitals
- This plan is available in two types of plans such as Plan A and Plan B
- Income tax benefits are available under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
This is just one health insurance plan that diabetic patients can choose. Like this, many other plans are available in the market. To find information about them and accordingly buy one, you can explore the website of IIFL.