Nearly 12% of U.S households own a recreational boat. That means a lot of people know how to safely use a boat. Various brands like Smoker Craft come with consistent amenities, making your boating safe and fun. However, if you’re a new owner, here are some tips for making your boating experience wonderful.
Boating Tips For A Safe Journey
1. Never drink alcohol while driving or operating a boat. Alcohol impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction time, which can lead to accidents and death.
2. Always wear life jackets when operating or riding on your boat. Not only does wearing a life jacket provide added protection from drowning, but it keeps you warm in cold waters, especially during the winters.
3. If someone falls into the water by accident, do not jump after them. Instead, call the lifeguard or call 911 immediately.
4. Always check your boat before leaving the shore.
5. Prepare your skin for the rays throughout. Even if it’s a cloudy day, a pack of sunscreen can save you from skin irritation.
6. Have a few guards on board for safety purposes.
Best Boating Accessories
1. Get a battery charger. This will allow you to charge your batteries in case they run out while you’re in the water.
2. Waterproof dry bags are safe places to store your gadgets and valuables.
3. Visual signaling devices like flares.
4. Sound signaling devices such as horns or whistles.
5. A personal locator beacon helps authorities find you during emergencies.
Boating is one of the most fun and exciting ways to spend your time. But before you hop on board, make sure you know what you’re doing and have the right equipment.