Are you facing QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error? And wondering how to resolve this error then we are to guide you by providing all the information about the QuickBooks database server manager. While working on the QuickBooks windows operating system or an error message like “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” encounter on your screen then it means that the database server manager has stopped working.
Moreover, it represents that the security firewall blocks the QuickBooks Desktop to connect with the network and it failed to start.
In this article, we discuss the simple ways to fix QBDBMgrN not running on this computer. Read this post till the end and follow all the steps correctly to resolve them:-
Meaning of QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer Error
QuickBooks Database Server Manager was developed by Intuit to switch multi-user access to company files and databases stored on the hosting server. QBDBMgrN is an executable process on windows with .exe extensions, which can be seen in the task manager of the system.
If the QBDBMgrN service is disabled then you can only use QuickBooks in single-user mode. When you try to switch into multi-user mode then an error message alert you “ QBDBMgrN not running on this computer”.
Reasons Behind this Error Message
Below is the list of the following reasons why are you getting QBDBMgrN error messages, while working on multi-user mode:-
- When QuickBooks Desktop is not updated to the latest version.
- If the QBDBMgrN.exe file is damaged or missing.
- If the damaged network goes to server or network down issues.
- When the hosting mode is turned off.
- For specific users, QuickBooks is not set up appropriately in multi-user mode.
- If the QuickBooks in multi-user mode is not installed or updated correctly.
- The firewall blocks services due to limited permission to access some files from the server.
- When damaged or error caused to some company files.
Methods to Resolve QBDBMgrN Not Running
Follow the below methods to fix this error from your computers:-
Method 1- Fix with QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Initially, close the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Now, download the latest released version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, open the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- After that, agree with all the terms and conditions that appear on your screen.
- When the installation is complete then search for a copy of the QB tool hub on the desktop.
- Finally, double-click to open the tool hub.
Step 1- Company File Issue Fix
- First of all, select the company file issue in the QB tool hub.
- Then, choose the Quick Fix My file.
- Now, wait till the scanning of your file is completed.
- Lastly, when the scanning is complete then close the windows and then open QuickBooks.
Steps 2- QuickBooks File Doctor Run
- Now, click on the company file issue tab.
- Then select run QuickBooks file doctor.
- After that, select the company file with issues from the drop-down menu.
- Choose to Check your file and tap on continue.
- Lastly, enter your QuickBooks Admin ID and password.
Method 2- Fix Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks
- Press and hold Windows+R keys to open the Run box.
- Then, enter Control Panel and tap on OK.
- Select System and Security options.
- Now, move to the Windows Firewall and choose to Check for Updates.
- After that, when the PC found any update then tap on the Update Now options and wait till the installation process is complete.
- Lastly, reboot your system and open QuickBooks.
Method 3- Run QBDSM Service
- Firstly, Open the Run box by pressing Windows+R keys.
- Enter Service.msc on it.
- Now, scroll down and search for the QB database server manager service listed as QuickBooksDB30, QBDB29, QBDB28, and QuickBooksDB27.
- Select the file for your QuickBooks desktop version.
- Now, open the drop-down menu with right-click on it.
- Then, select the restart and verify whether QBDBMgrN is not running on this computer error is resolved or not.
Method 4- From Firewall Settings Exclude QBDBM service
- Initially, open the Run box and enter Windows Firewall.
- Then, click on Firewall from the program list.
- Go to the Advanced settings and click on inbound rules.
- From the drop-down menu select New rule.
- Under the program tap on next, and choose This Program Path.
- Now, search for the file in the QB folder and choose the location of the .exe file and exclude the QBDBMgrN.exe file.
- Select Allow the connection and tap on continue.
- Tap check-mark on all the checkboxes and next.
- Then, give a name for this rule and click on Finish.
- Lastly, reboot your system.
Method 5- Use Clean Install Tool
- Firstly, you have to download the latest version of the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Then, open the qbdbmgrn.exe file and follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Now, select your QuickBooks Desktop Version and tap on Continue.
Method 6- QuickBooks Desktop Installation Folder Rename
- Firstly, on your PC using your folder options to reflect the hidden files.
- Then, rename the folder that is listed for the Windows version.
- Now, at the end of the folder names add old or damaged to recognize the folders later.
Method 7- Repair, Uninstall and Reinstall QB
1. Repair QuickBooks
- Open the Run box on your system.
- Now, from the list of files select QuickBooks and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Then, click on the continue.
- After that, choose the Repair options.
- Now, wait for the repair process to be successfully completed.
- And lastly, reboot your system.
2. Uninstall QuickBooks
- Again open, the RUN box by pressing Windows+R keys.
- Then, type Control Panel on it.
- Now, select Program and Features options.
- From the list of the installed programs on your system select QuickBooks.
- After that, highlight the QuickBooks software and right-click on Uninstall.
- Now, follow all the instructions that appear on your computer screen.
- When the uninstallation process is complete then restart your system.
3. Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, go to the official website to download the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, save the downloaded QuickBooks.exe file where you can access it easily when the downloading process is complete.
- Then, click on the installer and follow all the instructions correctly.
- When the installation process is complete then restart your system.
In the above article, we discuss methods to Fix QBDBMgrN Not Running on This computer. We hope that this will be helpful for you and solve all the issues. If you may face any issue or error then visit our other posts also to resolve them.