Magic mushroom edibles were popular in the 60s until they were banned, but thanks to research, they’re back and look tastier than ever. There are loads of mouth-watering shroom recipes you can read online or buy ready-made ones.
The edible magic mushrooms have allowed for delightful variations without the unpleasant taste of raw magic mushrooms.
You can even consume magic mushrooms in multiple ways, such as brewing them like tea or taking them in capsule forms. However, do all these types of magic mushrooms have the same effect?
Let’s find out how magic mushroom edibles work in our bodies.
What Are Edibles?
Most people associate the word edible with Cannabis. It is the most widely available edible product. If you search the internet, you can find plenty of recipes using Cannabis.
However, whether you choose to try Cannabis or magic mushroom edibles, these substances have multiple variations. These are excellent ways for people who want to promote their mental health and well-being with naturally-occurring plants.
You can add them to your meal, dessert or tea.
Edibles can be bought in special shops, online, or can be homemade. However, there is a grey area when preparing homemade edibles due to inaccurate measurements.
How Does Magic Mushroom Taste?
Some consumers of magic mushrooms like to take them directly. However, they still have to measure the mushroom and ingest it in small amounts to avoid potential overdose.
Not everyone wants to eat the mushroom raw due to its poor or bitter taste. Magic mushroom edibles are an excellent alternative for those who want to enjoy the effects of the shrooms.
However, doesn’t heat destroy the potency of the mushroom?
For years, regular users have advised others not to cook magic mushrooms, which degrade psilocybin. Hence, this results in lower potency. But experts say that this is not proven.
The author of the book The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible, Virginia Haze and Dr. K. Mandrake, said that cooking or adding heat to your magic mushroom doesn’t mean it destroys the potency. In their own experience, they haven’t noticed any change in the effect, or if there is, it might be minimal.
Cooking mushrooms is possible, but temperature ranges. It’s similar to making Cannabis edibles.
However, if you are not sure if this is true, you can try some no-heat recipes or low-heat recipes for your following homemade magic mushroom edibles.
Who can Consume Edibles?
Shroom edibles may look enticing, but not everyone is allowed to consume the product. Anyone over the legal age can consume these psychedelic-containing products. It’s an option for those who don’t like the taste and texture of raw mushrooms.
Consuming mushroom edibles is similar to how you consume other edibles. However, you have to check the product’s potency before using it. Magic mushroom edibles online can have different doses, from microdoses to regular dosages.
Advantages of Magic Mushroom Edibles
There are only a few discussions on the benefits of magic mushroom edibles online, so it’s worth mentioning here.
- Easy to go: You can consume magic mushroom edibles discreetly. No one will notice it since they look like regular products. You can get them in chocolate bars, gummies, or jellies.
- Taste better: Not everyone can tolerate the taste of magic mushrooms. So, experimenting with edibles is a great way to experience their effect. Most would try magic mushrooms with a sweet taste like chocolates than take it raw.
- Mental health relief: The compound Psilocybin in magic mushrooms has a therapeutic effect in treating anxiety, depression, and substance-related abuse. There are experiments available to prove the effectiveness of magic mushrooms.
- Digestible: Taking raw mushrooms has adverse side effects such as nausea, vomiting, headache, cramps, and diarrhea. However, it is possible to reduce these by shifting to edibles. Magic mushroom edibles are easy on the digestive tract and do not cause unpleasant side effects.
- Onset starts within 30 minutes: The effect often begins between 30-45 minutes. Instead of swallowing it immediately, you can even hasten the onset by leaving the edible to melt in your mouth (e.g. chocolate).
- The best option for Microdosing: Microdose magic mushrooms are rising in popularity. Hence, allowing people to experiment with the effects and potential of shrooms. Microdosing Psilocybin is a great way to manage the dose you take. There are different options of edibles that come in various dosages. But managing the dosage becomes trickier when you are cooking. So instead, you can buy magic mushrooms online at reputable shops like Zoomies Canada.
- Amateur-friendly: Since it is easy to control the dosage of edibles, amateurs can safely enjoy the effects of magic mushrooms.
Effects of Shroom Edibles
The effects of magic mushrooms depend on the amount of Psilocybin concentration present. Most edibles have small doses, so it gives a calming effect.
- emotional stability
- increase creativity
- boosts energy
- enhance resilience
- increase heart rate and blood pressure
- nausea and vomiting
Since magic mushrooms have a psychedelic compound, some people can react negatively. The effect of shrooms is influenced by multiple factors like dosage, mixing with other substances, external environment, and user’s mindset.
It is challenging to assume if a person will have a positive or negative effect when taking magic mushroom edibles.
The best is to always start with a lower dosage to experience calming effects and try to increase the potency to which you want. However, make sure not to go beyond the regular dose.
How Long Does it Stay in the System?
When you ingest edibles, it goes directly to the digestive tract instead of the bloodstream, so it may take 30 to 45 minutes for the effect to kick in. So, if you haven’t felt the impact, wait for an hour or until the mushroom takes effect before taking another dose.
Multiple factors influence how long it takes for a mushroom to take work. Some may get the effect faster, while others have to wait.
Edibles can last for 4 to 8 hours.
Examples of Edibles
There are different edibles you can buy online or make at home. You can try simple recipes online from baking brownies, making chocolates, etc.
Some ready-made edibles growing in popularity are magic mushroom chocolates and gummies. Buying edibles online is safer than making your own.
Magic Mushroom Chocolate
Mushroom chocolate bars are one of the most common shroom-containing edibles. It’s easier to consume due to its taste and dosage.
Another alternative to eating raw mushrooms is gummies. It is far more palatable, and with added sugar, you are less likely to experience nausea and vomiting.
Magic mushroom edibles are the new way you can experience the effects of psilocybin without choking down the unpalatable raw shrooms. It comes in different dosages and forms (chocolate, jellies, tea, etc.). You also have the choice to create your edibles in the comfort of your home and enjoy a tasty way to feel good at the moment.