438 total views
You may think you need Photoshop to remove the background of an image and make it transparent. However, that’s not required. This article shows you how to make an image transparent with apps you are already using.
Whether you are trying to change the transparency of an image or remove the background, online tools will also come in handy. These are free tools that work on all kinds of devices. Some of the amazing web tools that help to make background transparent easily.
How to Make an Entire Image Transparent in Word or PowerPoint
Sadly, neither Word nor PowerPoint will let you directly adjust the transparency of an image. However, the workaround is to add a shape and fill it with the required picture, then change the transparency of the image as shown below.
- Launch Microsoft Word.
- Click on the “Insert” tab in the menu and select “Shapes.”
- Choose “Rectangle” from the list.
- Draw a shape of a similar size to your image.
- The shape will be selected, and you will see the “Shape” format tab. If that doesn’t happen, double-click on the image.
- Under the “Shape Format” tab, click on “Shape Outline” and choose “No outline.”
- Right-click on the picture and choose “Format Shape” from the menu.
- The “Format Shape” sidebar will open.
- Under the “Fill” tab, choose “Picture or texture fill.”
- Select your image.
- With the image added inside the shape, use the Transparency slider on the right side under the “Format picture” section to change the transparency.
- If you want to use the transparent image outside of Word, right-click on it and select “Copy” from the menu. Paste it in the desired application.
How to Remove the Background from an Image
This section helps you remove white or other colors from the image background, resulting in an image with a transparent background. It can be used to remove the background from logos, product images, and so on.
Read also : megapersonalnews
It’s critical to understand that images with transparent backgrounds are always in the PNG format. Make sure to save the final image in PNG format; otherwise, the background transparency will be lost if you save it in the JPG format. This isn’t necessary if you’re only changing the opacity of the image, as shown in the previous section.
Also read hanume
How to Remove the Background from an Image in Paint 3D
- Open the image in Paint 3D on your Windows computer.
- Click on the “Magic select” tool.
- Select the area you want to keep using the selection box. Keep the sides close to the required area and click on the “Next” button.
- The Magic Select tool will automatically detect the areas inside the selection. If you find an area missing, click on the “Add” tool under the “Refine your cutout” section in the sidebar. Click on the areas you want to include in the image.
- Similarly, use the “Remove” tool to erase any unwanted selection done by the Magic select tool. Once satisfied, click on “Done” in the sidebar.
- You will see a selection box appear around the image. Drag the image outside of the existing background to the canvas using the mouse.
- Click on the “Select” tool and draw a selection box to select the background of your image.
- Press the “Delete” button on your keyboard. The background will turn white.
- Go to the “Canvas” tab in the top bar and enable the toggle next to the “Transparent” canvas. The white background will disappear making the background transparent.
- Double-click on the actual image present on the canvas to select it, then drag it onto the transparent background.
- You must save the image in the PNG format. For that, click on “Menu → Save as → Image.” Make sure to select “PNG (image)” in the “Save as” drop-down box. Verify that the “Transparency” box is checked and click on “Save.”