Are you dealing with the QuickBooks won’t open issue? QuickBooks errors could be really irritating sometimes and hamper the workflow. However, you have landed on the right pages. In this article, we have discussed all the possible methods to resolve the issue from your system.
To manage the transactional records and manage it well, users usually use the QuickBooks software. But, the application is prone to issues and errors, which eventually compromise the user experience. We understand dealing with the problem must be difficult. Stay with us till the end of the blog and fix the problem from your system.
Brief Description of QuickBooks Won’t Open
While facing the QuickBooks won’t open you may deal with some delays of the system. You may also receive the errors like QuickBooks 2016 Won’t Open, such as Error 1603, and Error 1935 due to the QuickBooks won’t open issue.
The error message of the QuickBooks Won’t Open:
QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you want to open another company file, close this one first.
Only QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions can open two company files at once.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Won’t Open
- It’s possible that the computer on which you’re executing the software will completely freeze.
- You haven’t completed the QuickBooks installation.
- The user will be unable to view the firm’s file.
- It’s possible that the device will take a long time to respond to mouse and keyboard commands.
Reason Behind the QuickBooks Won’t Open
A corrupted or missing QBWUSER.INI file could have caused the issue.
The long name of the QuickBooks file may have also played a role in the problem’s emergence.
It’s possible that you’re using a Windows version that’s contaminated.
The installation of the QuickBooks Desktop was not completed correctly.
Troubleshooting Method of QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
Perform the following methods to resolve the QuickBooks won’t open issues. The following solutions are effective and straightforward.
Method 1: Download and Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- To begin, go to the official website of Intuit QuickBooks and download the Diagnostic Tool.
- Double-click the file to install it.
- After that, run the utility to fix your system’s problem.
- Check to check whether the problem still exists.
Method 2: Rename QBWUSER.INI File
- At the same moment, press Windows + E on your keyboard.
- Under the Organize menu, look for and pick the Folder and Search option.
- From the drop-down option, choose View.
- In Advanced Settings, look for the option Hidden files and folders.
- From the drop-down option, choose Show hidden files and folders.
- Then, on the next screen, press the OK button.
- From the drop-down menu, choose My Computer, then C:/ Drive.
Method 3: Open the Company File From Different Location
- At the same moment, press Windows + E on the keyboard.
- Look for the data file with the.qbw file extension on the network disc where you saved the folder.
- Right-click the firm file you want to copy when you’ve located it.
- On your C:/Drive, make a new folder.
- The folder is known as QBTEST.
- Copies of the corporate file should be placed in the newly created folder.
- After accessing QuickBooks, keep the CTRL key pressed.
- Choose between creating a new company and restoring an existing one.
- Click on the option C:QBTEST.
- Review the company file you previously copy-pasted into QBTEST.
With approach 4, we’ve reached the end of the solution. We hope that the information in this article has helped you remove the mistake from your system. Some people, however, continue to have the same or comparable problems; if this is you, then take professional help.
You may also Read: Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool