Early childhood education is a term that refers to the period of time from a child’s birth to when they enter kindergarten, while early childhood education continues to be of high importance to parents; many just miss out to identify this critical period. It is an important time in children’s lives because it is when a child first learns how to interact with others, including peers, teachers and parents, and also begin to develop interests that will build a solid and broad foundation for lifelong learning and wellbeing.
A child’s early years are the foundation for his or her future development, our brain develops the majority of its neurons between birth and 3 years old providing a strong base that stays with us throughout our lives. It establishes a base for lifelong learning and learning abilities, including cognitive and social development. Early childhood education is defined as the period essential in building block of a child’s future success.
Early childhood care and education is more than preparation for primary school, this is thetime when children learn critical social and emotional skills and a partnership is formed between the child, their parents and the teacher. It aims at the holistic development of a child and only if it’s done successfully, it lays the groundwork for it to continue throughout the child’s education. Here’s how early childhood education plays an important role in a child’s overall development:
- What impact does Early Childhood Education Have on a Child’s Future?
- The outcomes of early child education may vary, but they all have been positive. As per the researches and studies children enrolled in these programs are more behaved and have higher IQ scores upon enrolling kindergarten than their peers without formal education.
- Some studies have even shown that when children are comfortable and trust the people around them during their early childhood period, they learn more quickly and successfully.
- During the early childhood education teachers’ work closely with the children and their parents and the partnership between teachers and the family is successful in echoing positive development throughout the child’s life.
- The Value Of Early Childhood Education
Children usually have a lot of benefits if they are taught at an early age:
- Children who are enrolled in any of these programs may have improved social skills, less or no need for special education instruction during subsequent school years, better grades, and enhanced attention spans.
- Some researchers have also concluded that young children enrolled in pre-primary schools usually graduate from high school, attend college, have fewer behavioral problems, and do not become involved with any kind of crime in their adolescent and young adult years.
- The early childhood education is usually during the first three years of a child’s life, which is essential for the development of a child’s brain and neural developments. Therefore, children greatly benefit by receiving early education.
- This period plays an integral part in an individuals overall development and nurturing of all the important foundations.
During the early childhood, a child learns a lot about themselves and the world around them, and parents are their first teachers. Every parent is focused to teach their children how to speak, how to walk, how to feed themselves during these years. They teach them everything from alphabet, shapes and colors, to even how to count and spell very simple words.
But for healthy development, children need active stimulation and interaction with others, which happens only during when they are away from their parents. This is where early childhood plays a crucial role. The Shri Ram Early Years (TSEY) has a curriculum that provides a hands-on, interactive atmosphere where children learn about themselves through playing with other children which helps them learn, grow and imbibe.