756 total views
For any business, a website is the major and crucial platform of identity. In other words, for all businesses who are striving to make a mark on the digital space, a website is the starting point. Considering the fact, that the entire virtual space revolves around SEO, the very process of SEO begins from the website.
A website is a place that acts as your official identity, the start point to build your search engine ranking and the destination where all the traffic can be converted into conversions.
It is a known fact that SEO is a conglomeration of a lot of tools and activities. Similarly, considering that website is the heart of SEO, SEO has a dedicated service/tool for the enhancement of the website i.e. on-page optimization.
On-page optimization can be defined as the process of optimizing web pages to improve the ranking of the pages in the search results.
What are the on-page SEO services
Now that we know what exactly on-page optimization focuses on, here is what includes on-page optimization and how it impacts SEO.
- page content: The main reason that any visitor visits the website is to know about the business, what all the business offers and what is in store for the visitor. The only way to cater to all these points is the content. That’s where the first aspect of on-page optimization comes into the picture. The focus is to keep the content crisp and lead the visitor quickly to the page which he/she is looking for. The website content plays a key role in the search engine picking your website. This is because of the keywords. SEO revolves around keywords and on-page optimization focuses on conducting keyword research and infuse the same into the page content.
- Meta Tags: Meta tags are the next element in on-page optimization. These tags are the magnets that hook your keywords in the content to the search engine. That’s the reason why the experts say that meta tags should have the main keyword.
- Title tags: When someone does an online search, they get a list of options as their response. Each item in the list is defined in few lines. These few lines are your title tags. Google focuses the title tags and based on the content in these few lines, Google decides to whether pick or not. For example: Google saw that your title tag says, “Line fashion tips,” but your page listed nowhere has anything related to fashion tips. In such a situation, Google would not pick your website because it doesn’t match a search.
- URLs: Just like your name and face is your identity as a person, similarly, URL is the identity for your website. Google picks your website based on your URL and mind you, Google loves shorter, crisper and keyword infused URLs. So, as part of on-page optimization, URLs are made SEO friendly by keeping them short and with the right keyword.
Benefits of On-page optimization
- The prime benefit of on-page optimization is that it enables your website to get higher visibility in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages)
- Improves local search. In other words, it impacts your visibility in the local search.
- Helps build organic traffic that impacts conversions.
- With on-page optimization, the meta tags and title tags attract more traction resulting in a better click-through rate.
- One of the key aspects for visitors is the website loading speed and mobile compatibility. With on-page optimization, you can be assured of a website that loads fast and is equally easily accessible through mobile.
- Unlike the common myth that SEO is all about getting more traction and conversions, SEO is also about building brand awareness. With on-page optimization, you can be sure of building an effective and impactful brand image in the virtual space.
On-page Vs off-page optimization
On-page and off-page optimization are the two words that are commonly heard and used during the SEO process. Though they are interlinked, they are different.
As we know that on-page optimization means addressing the elements on the site like the URL, content, meta tags i.e. mostly technical elements, off-page optimization is more about elements that impact us but are mostly not in our control.
In other words, off-page optimization covers things like backlinks that are created with the support of external websites and social media handles. Though you can encourage and engage these external sources but you cannot control the spread and reach of these links.
Thus, hope you get an understanding of what on-page optimization focuses on. Ideally, hiring an on-page SEO services provider is suggested as this job calls for technical knowledge. Though there are many tools out there that are for free, it is still suggested to take expert help because on-page optimization is a contentious effort.