1,957 total views
Infertility is a condition when a couple is not able to get pregnant even after years of having unprotected intercourse.
Female infertility is a condition with difficulty in conceiving naturally due to some biological or reproductive issues in women. Although, the cause of infertility may be due to some problems in men or women. In this article, you will get a brief overview of female infertility.
The cause of infertility in females are mainly PCOS, PCOD, blocked fallopian tubes, or irregular periods. A woman carries the power to create, nurture, and transform within herself. The infertility problems of a woman tend to lower their self-confidence and self-esteem. But, with the progress of medical technology, science has made it probable for an infertile woman to conceive.
Before coming to the types of Assisted Reproductive Technology, let’s get brief information about the cause of infertility in females.
Reasons Behind Female Infertility
The reasons behind infertility in women lie below:-
One of the main reasons for female infertility is ovulation disorders. The following reasons are causes that result in infrequent ovulation or almost no ovulation:
- PCOS: It is a hormonal disorder in which the male hormones are more than the female hormones resulting in facial and hair growth. PCOS increases the weight of a woman.
- Hypothalamic Dysfunction: The pituitary gland produces two types of hormones: one is Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH), and the other is Luteinizing Hormone (LH). Taking too much stress influences the menstrual cycle of a woman. It affects the production of both hormones, which results in irregular periods.
- Prolactin: It is another hormone released by the pituitary gland, but an excess of prolactin in the body reduces the estrogen levels leading to infertility in women.
- Premature Ovarian Failure: Premature ovulation of eggs might occur due to genetic factors leading to female infertility.
Blocked Fallopian Tube
It is also known as tubal infertility, where the fallopian gets damaged and becomes an obstruction for the sperm to travel to the egg. The blockage or damage of the fallopian tube occurs due to:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease or PID
- Infection in the uterus
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Past surgery of the pelvis or abdomen
Some women might not be aware of Endometriosis. To those who do not know about this infertility issue, it is a condition where the tissue of the uterus grows outside the vagina. This is scary, and it affects the fertilization of the eggs, and it also causes damage to the eggs and sperm.
There are several cervicals or uterine cause that leads to women’s infertility. Often a time, the cervix starts narrowing, which causes damage to the cervix, leading to infertility. Another condition is when the cervix could not produce enough mucus for the smooth travel of sperm to the eggs. This is also the cause of female infertility.
Symptoms of Infertility in Female
The symptoms of infertility in females are:
- Abnormal periods
- A heavy flow of blood during menstruation
- Pelvic pain
- Weight gain
- No period or unbearable pain during period
- Painful sex
- More acne on the skin
If you are facing any symptoms, you must visit a gynecologist soon. If a woman cannot conceive, she can go fr the following fertility treatment options.
Female Infertility Treatments
Various female infertility treatments help women to conceive even with infertility issues. Crysta IVF is an award-winning fertility center that offers fertility treatment that allows an infertile woman to conceive using Assisted Reproductive Technology such as:
IVF – In-Vitro Fertilization
IVF is the process in which the egg is fertilized outside the female body. In a laboratory dish, the egg is placed and fertilized with sperms and then implanted in the uterus to grow. It is the safest and most suitable type of fertility treatment for an infertile woman, as declared by the doctors.
IUI– Intrauterine Insemination
Washed and concentrated sperms are put directly into the uterus to aid in pregnancy. It is mainly preferred when a woman wants to be a single mother or when she is not able to conceive through the natural process.
ICSI – Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
There is little difference between IVF and ICSI. In this process, a single sperm is injected directly into the egg to help in pregnancy.
Here are some tips to prevent infertility:-
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle and quit smoking.
- Put a stop to your drinking habits
- Get a solution for Sexually Transmitted Disease, if there is any.
- Keep yourself physically fit.
- Having a balanced meal and including fruits in your diet reduces the chances of irregular periods.
- Maintain the weight of the body through regular exercise
This write-up emphasizes the causes, symptoms of infertility, and measures to prevent infertility. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of female infertility, you must connect to a renowned gynecologist.
The doctors of Crysta IVF offer helpful and excellent treatments to treat female infertility and help a woman feel the joy of being a mother. Interact with the team today to get detailed knowledge about fertility treatments and their cost.