Web applications are dynamic websites that are well coded on the server-side and can perform various tasks like connecting to a backend database, interacting with users, and generating results for browsers.
Some examples of web applications you may have encountered in your life are online reservations, social networking, e-banking, e-commerce, interactive gaming, online polls, blogs, online training, content management systems, online forums, and many more.
The competition in the web app development industry is such that only the best web application development company would sustain and conquer the market; the rest would fail.
Therefore, to be the best amongst the rest, you must understand each aspect of web app development. This is why we will present some of the crucial sides of developing a web application that you must consider before you hop on to developing or launching a product.
So what’s the wait? Let’s get started!
The two main categories necessary for coding, scripting, and programming for the development of a web application are:
- Client-Side Scripting:
The client-side scripting consists of the code that is ultimately interpreted by the browser.
Any visitors can view the client-side scripting upon arrival on the website by the command “view source.”
Here are some technologies commonly used to facilitate client-side scripting of any web application:
- Dojo Toolkit
- Server-side rendering:
Server-side scripting consists of the code that is interpreted or executed on the webserver.
This kind of coding is not visible to any user that comes to a webpage.
Here are some technologies used for server-side scripting:
- Zend Framework
- Ruby on Rails
- Program Libraries:
Program libraries are an amalgamation of some of the most prominently used classes, functions, and tools that offer ease of maintenance and development when developing a web application or just adding or editing functionalities into it.
- Web Application Frameworks:
Web application frameworks refer to a set of program components, libraries, and tools organized within an architecture system. These tools allow developers to develop and maintain complicated web projects using an efficient, fast, and convenient approach.
- Advantages of Web app development frameworks:
- Program logic and actions are separated from the CSS, HTML, and design files. This allows the designers to edit the interface and alter the design without having to consult a programmer.
- Web applications developed are based on libraries, tools, and modules that offer developers ease of sharing libraries and implementing complicated features and functionalities in an efficient yet fast manner.
- The structure allows developers to code in the best possible ways with coding and logic standards. It also offers other developers the to get familiar with a code in a very brief time.
- Coding Standards, Guidelines, and Conventions:
Coding guidelines are the standards and rules that are applied when developing a web application.
These rules are applied to various aspects like folder names and structures, coding logic, file organization, file names, statements, formatting and indentation, functions and classes, and other naming conventions.
These rules also allow the coder to write clear comments while ensuring proper documentation.
- Benefits of Using the coding guidelines:
- Offers ease of maintenance and version management
- Delivers better understanding and readability of the code
- It offers an environment development where multiple programmers can work collectively with no hindrance.
- Ensures that every developer can become familiar with the code and understand it better in a short period.
- Web Application Testing:
Proper web application development relies heavily on rigorous testing. Some possibilities testing out your application until each bug is solved may consume more of your time and workforce. However, it is super important and must not be skipped.
Here are some standard testing practices needed to develop any web application appropriately:
- Application security
- Quality assurance and bug testing
- Performance- Stress and Load Testing
- Multiple browser Compatibility
An application developed by the best web application development company serves the best in every aspect, and that is exactly what a great web application is supposed to do. Make sure to take up the services of a company that guarantees only the best and nothing more.
Ensure to understand their development process profoundly and that they know your project’s needs. Only then you can develop and launch a flawless web app.