Your skin is one of the organs that require constant attention and caring sessions to maintain it in its best shape. Having it treated properly to get rid of many dermal problems can result in a better overall appearance of the skin. Chemical peels are a popular way to treat skin concerns and can be used on almost any area of the body. Here’s what you should know about this treatment.
What Are Chemical Peels?
A chemical peel removes layers of skin using a suitable solvent, exposing the more young skin beneath. Chemical peels can help to minimize or repair fine lines and wrinkles, acne, scars, uneven skin tone, and other skin flaws. The degree of your peel and the nature of the skin issue treated are influenced by different substances.
How it Works
This treatment can be performed by a doctor. Your skin is firstly washed properly with an oil-removing ingredient, while your eyes and hair will be safeguarded. Then a solution is applied to your skin. Chemicals such as glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid and the like are the ones employed for this treatment. The various chemicals induce regulated harm by entering a variable skin depth and then flaking away to expose a fresh layer of skin.
Various chemical solutions generate different outcomes. The chemical you use is dependent on your purpose. The extent of your peel will be determined in consultation with your dermatologist.
Precautions to Take
There are a few instructions that you are required to follow to experience the best effects–
- Avoid getting tanned or coming under direct exposure to sunlight for at least two weeks before your treatment.
- Prepare your skin for the treatment by using topical products before the session begins.
- Take oral antibiotics as prescribed by your physicians.
- Make sure your peel areas don’t have lesions or skin infections.
- Avoid the usage of products that contain retinoids unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
Benefits of Chemical Peels
There are many benefits of using this treatment for your skin–
- It is a non-invasive procedure that provides effective results.
- This guarantees smooth skin and enhances overall tone.
- You can deter skin problems such as skin tanning and sun exposure.
- This balances the texture of your uneven skin tone.
- It helps you do away with your stubborn scars.
- This improves your overall skin complexion.
- You can deal with discolouration and skin dryness.
Types of Chemical Peels
There are many different kinds of chemical peels that meet various skin requirements. The various types of chemical peels are:
- Glycolic Acid Peels: These peels are used to remove dead skin cells and improve the complexion.
- Lactic Acid Peels: These are made from milk, hence they are gentle on the skin.
- Beta Peels: This peel helps in removing the layers of skin and improving the texture.
- Vitalize Peel: This peel is used to lighten the pigmentation of your skin.
- Retinol Peels: This peel helps in improving the brightness of your skin and helps in fighting acne and wrinkles by unclogging the pores.
Having a chemical peel treatment done by professionals is the best thing you can do for your skin. So just go for it!