A hot cup loaded with freshly brewed coffee in the morning is just the thing you need to kick start the day! Many of us have this similar routine of enjoying the steamy cup of coffee while we boost our energy and relax ourselves with the sip of coffee.
Energy is an important component of your daily work. It is not fair if you don’t get the right ingredient to fix your energy level. Coffee acts as an energy booster- is an important component that is needed in every office space. This not only boosts the productivity of your employees but also ensures smooth working of the employees during the busiest days of the week and there is a deadline everyone has to follow.
Here’s a list of reasons how the coffee helps and why is should be included in every office space-
- Coffee is not an expensive beverage. Having a coffee machine in the break room will show your affection and care towards the employees. It is important for your business that your employees know that you care for them. Besides, it’s an indirect way to tell them to get recharged when they need to get recharged.
- Almost all of us agree that coffee boosts our energy as well as helps us focus more on the task at hand. It helps improve attention, reasoning, and concentration.
- Promoting a positive work culture within your office helps facilitate teamwork. A conversation over a cup of coffee is always fun and efficient- in a way effective team work is always completed.
- Feeling valued contributes to long term commitment. When employees feel they are being appreciated and valued- The performance level goes up automatically, productivity level increases, they feel empowered to develop and grow professionally, the entire communication with valuable networks grows, engagement around the office spikes.
- Coffee, the basic component is antioxidants- this helps in fighting heart diseases, liver cancer, dementia, depression.
- Higher cognitive functions are attained after drinking coffee. This in turn positively affects the problem-solving and decision making capabilities. An office task always expects you to be awake, alert, think smart, learn quickly as well as produce positive results.
You don’t need to order in huge bulk and invest thousands of dollars to bring coffee and coffee accessories to your office space. Here’s what you should do or is to be done in a break room-
- Do not encourage the “use and throw” mindset at the workplace. Using single serve packaging cups like pods, k-cups, or capsules are the least eco-friendly products and will only damage the environment more. You can look at multiple available options for looking in terms of long term usage.
- You can even encourage the “bring your own cup” policy. Your employees will feel more at home and it will boost productivity in turn. The employees can personalize the cup on their own, it will help build strong emotional attachment and will prevent discarding them or replacing them regularly.
- This will further ensure a habit of avoiding paper or styrofoam cups, helping in improving the damage to the environment. A few backup cups can be easily placed in the cabinet for extra options.
- You can easily order coffee supplies monthly or every 2 month. Ordering in bulk will eliminate excess single serve packaging. For milk and sugar, you can easily buy them in bulk as well. Aiming to buy them in recyclable or biodegradable products will help spread the work culture and morale of your office.